Monday, March 10, 2014

Review #2- The Dark Lady by Irene Adler

*Goodreads Page*

Goodreads synopsis- "While on summer vacation, little Irene Adler meets a young William Sherlock Holmes. The two share stories of pirates and have battles of wit while running wild on the sunny streets and rooftops. When Sherlock’s friend, Lupin, joins in on the fun, they all become fast friends. But the good times end abruptly when a dead body floats ashore on the nearby beach. The young detective trio will have to put all three of their heads together to solve this mystery."

I received an e-book galley version of this book through Net Galley. This book is listed as children's fiction/teen and YA. I gave this book a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. It's about 240 pages.

I actually really enjoyed this book. It was cute, it was quick, and it involved one of my favorite character's in a whole new story line. So, this book is a kid's book, and you definitely get the sense of that reading it, but it's written in a way that anyone of any age can enjoy it. That being said, I did have a few minor issues concerning a few moments in the plot. There were a couple of times where I felt that the author could have patched things up clearer or explained things better. Also, I found myself wondering if this book was really going to end on page 240 because at about page 200, a slew of issues were introduced and it seem like the author was trying to toss in as much action as she could. But, she did wrap it up, even if it was a little sloppy.

Alright, that's my review-ish thing. I will definitely have another review up on the first, but I'll try to have another couple up before then. Have a wonderful March guys and thanks for reading!

xox



No comments:

Post a Comment