Tuesday, July 1, 2014

5 of My Not-So-Shameful Unread Books

If you get on YouTube and look at any BookTuber's channel, you might end up finding a video of their "most shameful unread books". This blog post is inspired by those videos, except, unlike these numerous people, I'm not really all that ashamed to have not read any of these books on this list.

Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having books that you're ashamed you've never read. I have several of those. But the books below are books that basically everyone on earth has read, but I just have no desire to read, and can't be bothered to pretend I want to read because let's face it, I have about a billion other books I want to read more. I can't sit around and read a pile of books just because everyone else is reading them.

Besides, who knows, maybe one day I will read these books. As of right now though, none of them are at the top of my TBR.

1. The Hunger Games- I'm not sure why, but I never really felt the desire to read these books, even when I saw my friends who don't really read much reading them. The story just never appealed to me.
2. The Fault in Our Stars- Okay, don't hate on me for not reading this one! Also, please don't hate on me for what I'm about to say (er, write)- I'm not the hugest fan of John Green in general (I do really like him as a human though, and would love to meet him!). I've read a couple of his books (Look for Alaska and Paper Towns), but neither of them are on the top of my "Best books I've ever read" list, and so I've kind of put off reading any of his other stuff. This is, however, one the books that I feel like I might pick up one day. Not not anytime soon.
3. The Divergent Trilogy- Okay, I do actually own the first one on my Kindle, and I started to read it, but I don't know. I just wasn't that into the book. I'm just not the hugest fan of dystopians or anything like them.
4. The Shatter Me Trilogy- Again, I don't know why, but these books just don't call me in any immediate way. (Although, can I say that Tahereh Mafi if freaking gorgeous???)
5. The Lunar Chronicles- These books are on this list mostly because I'm not the hugest fan of cyborg stuff. However, the fact that they are fairy tale retellings is super tempting, so I really might actually read these books.

Okay guys, these are just a few of the books that I haven't read, and might never read. Do you have any books that you feel the same way about?

Until next time,
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment